Homeopathy and the Treatment and Prevention of Measles
*The content of this website is not to be misconstrued as medical advice nor does it replace the consult of a physician or practitioner. Reader assumes the responsibility of investigating for themselves disease prevention and treatment methodologies that concur with their beliefs and understanding. The suggested protocol at the end of this page is for informational purposes and the reader assumes the risks and benefits of undertaking the protocol unless overseen by a qualified practitioner.
Homeopathy has been used with great degree of success for many infectious diseases including Measles for 200 years all over the world. For most individuals measles is a relatively mild disease and can serve as a beneficial process for the development of the child. However, for some individuals the disease can be quite severe resulting in permanent brain damage or death. When considering any prevention methodology one has to know the base line level of health of their child and what other support options one has. Vaccination has its own level of risk depending on the age of the child. The older the child the less of an impact the vaccine will have as the immune system will be more developed and more readily able to make the appropriate response. Homeoprophylaxis offers another choice.
Homeopathic remedies can be used preventatively for measles or in active cases. In active cases homeopathic remedies are selected on symptom presentation. Accordingly, even though several people may contract measles, each of them may need as different remedy as their symptom presentation may be different. Please consult a practitioner well versed in infectious disease processes and the use to homeopathy to mitigate the mal-effects of the disease and possible side-effects from the vaccine.
Signs and symptoms:
- The first stage is marked by fatigue and runny nose, cough, and slight fever.
- There can be aching pain in the neck and back and the eyes may becomes reddened and sensitive to light.
- Each day the fever rises. By the third or fourth day the temperature may reach 103-104 where upon Koplik’s spots (small white dots) develop in the mouth and on the gums.
- Then a fine rash begins to appear in the hairline and behind the ears gradually spreading down covering the body in the next 36 hours. The fine spots enlarge and may run together, and also may become itchy.
- The fever usually subsides with the spreading of the rash. After a few days the rash drys and flakes.
- Risk in the disease comes with the height of the fever and if the rash fails to appear where upon the disease settles into the brain and can cause brain damage (see indicated remedies below).
Various approaches for Prevention and Treatment
- Use of Measles nosode (Morbilinum) in ascending potencies as outlined on the STATUS SHEET for a standard prevention protocol (See schedule below). Doses are to be given over a few month period starting with 200C, repeating a triple dose of the 200C the following week then a triple dose of 10M followed one month later with a second round of the 10M.
- Use of Pulsatilla or Euphrasia either preventativley or if the disease is contracted as these remedies correspond to the common symptom manifestations of Measles. They can be used if there is known exposure or at the first signs of the disease and correspond to fluctuating temperatures, or runny nose and watery eyes, respectively. These remedies can be alternated if you are unsure, repeating the remedy that offers the most relief.
- Various other remedies in active disease. for more information get the Book or Consult a Homeopath
- Depending the health of the individual and their vitality, they may contract the disease but the eruptions fail to appear. In these cases you are going to see more damage from the disease. The following remedies may be indicated based on the symptom presentation and will move the disease to resolution mitigating the potential damage: Apis, Bryonia, Cuprum, Helleborus, Stramonium, Veratrum album or Zincum, according to symptom presentation. This condition of suppressed eruptions, or eruptions that fail to appear can cause a serious level of brain damage which looks much like the conditions which arise from the MMR vaccine. Accordingly, these remedies can also be of assistance in the clearing of vaccine damage from MMR, and may also be used as a preventative to the damage from the vaccine if used before vaccination.( see Vaccine Injury/Homeopathic Detox).
Measles Prevention Schedule
|Recommended times||Remedy||Potency||Date of Admin||Initials||Reaction if any|
|Dose 1 first week||Morbillinum||200|
|Dose 2 second week||Morbillinum||200, 200, 200|
|Dose 3Following month||Morbillinum||10M, 10M, 10M|
|Dose 4Following month||Morbillinum||10M, 10M, 10M|