Homeopathy and the Treatment and Prevention of Chickenpox
*The content of this website is not to be misconstrued as medical advice nor does it replace the consult of a physician or practitioner. Reader assumes the responsibility of investigating for themselves disease prevention and treatment methodologies that concur with their beliefs and understanding.
Homeopathy has been used with great degree of success for many infectious diseases including chickenpox for 200 years all over the world. For most individuals chickenpox is a relatively mild disease and can serve as a beneficial process for the development of the child. Accordingly we recommend for the health and development of the immune system to naturally contract the disease. However, for some individuals the disease can be quite limiting and carries the risk of varicella pneumonia to develop. When considering any prevention methodology one has to know the base line level of health of their child and what other support options one has. Homeoprophylaxis serves to educate the immune system about the disease. where as vaccination has its own level of risk depending on the age of the child. The older the child the less of an impact the vaccine will have as the immune system will be more developed and more readily able to make the appropriate response. Homeoprophylaxis offers another choice.
Homeopathic remedies can be used preventatively for chicken or in active cases. In active cases homeopathic remedies are selected on symptom presentation. Accordingly, even though several people may contract chickenpox, each of them may need as different remedy as their symptom presentation may be different. Please consult a practitioner well versed in infectious disease processes and the use to homeopathy to mitigate the mal-effects of the disease and possible side-effects from the vaccine.
Signs and symptoms:
- Slight fever, runny nose, headache, backache, loss of appetite, and general weakness
- Within a day or two, red spots appear usually on the back and chest first
- The spots enlarge and develop into vesicles with a red base that become filled with a clear liquid
- The eruptions can be very itchy
- After a day or two, the fluid turns yellow, and a crust or scab develops which eventually dries and falls off
Seek professional help when:
- Eruptions fail to appear
- Chest becomes full of mucous
- Eruptions are getting infected or failing to scab over
Various approaches for Prevention and Treatment
- Use of Chicken pox nosode (Varicella) in ascending potencies as outlined on the STATUS SHEET for a standard prevention protocol (See schedule below). Doses are to be given over a few month period starting with 200C, repeating a triple dose of the 200C the following week then a triple dose of 10M followed one month later with a second round of the 10M.
- Use of Antimonium crudum, or Rhus toxicodendron preventativley or if the disease is contracted as these remedies correspond to the common symptom manifestations of Measles. They can be used if there is known exposure or at the first signs of the disease and correspond to fluctuating temperatures, or runny nose and watery eyes, respectively. These remedies can be alternated if you are unsure, repeating the remedy that offers the most relief.
- Various other remedies in active disease. The above mention or Mercurius for ulcerating eruptions, or Stramonium if eruptions fail to appear. For more information get the Book or Consult a Homeopath
Chickenpox Prevention Schedule
|Recommended times||Remedy||Potency||Date of Admin||Initials||Reaction if any|
|Dose 1 first week||Varicella||200|
|Dose 2 second week||Varicella||200, 200, 200|
|Dose 3Following month||Varicella||10M, 10M, 10M|
|Dose 4Following month||Varicella||10M, 10M, 10M|
If you are interested in using Homeoprophylaxis for measles prevention for your children contact me, all participants will be entered in a registry to to document the efficacy. See Fees for information on pricing.